Safely capturing all the raccoons inhabiting a home takes strategic trapping techniques that minimize stress on the animals. Here is how professional raccoon removers expertly trap them:
– Starting with Little Disturbance – Pros first work quietly to seal up minor entry points before intensive trapping. This avoids panicking raccoons and forcing them to nest in dangerous spots.
– Methodical Trapping Order – Nursing mothers get trapped last after their young are secure to avoid orphaning baby raccoons. Trapping starts distant from dens.
– Monitoring Traps Diligently – Traps get checked frequently to remove captured raccoons promptly before release. This prevents trapped raccoons from injuring themselves trying to escape.
– Varied Lure Types – Smelly fish, sweet fruit, and peanut butter lures attract different raccoons’ food preferences and avoid trap shyness.
– Patience Is Key – After initial successes, remaining raccoons grow cautious and require creative baiting. Professionals are prepared for this.
– Tracking Raccoon Signs – Fresh scat, tracks, and noises give clues where raccoons remain so traps can be strategically placed away from dens.
– Capturing Stragglers – Flushing out final raccoons may involve careful attic exploration and actively blocking their access to familiar dens.
Trapping all individuals humanely from a large space takes time, strategic lures, and persistent monitoring. But professionals have the tools and patience needed to remove every last raccoon.